A 2-day design sprint training for future Design Sprint Masters/Facilitators.
So, you’ve attended or even organized a design sprint or two. You love the overall framework and feel confident knowing it’s bringing value. But, what’s next? Now, you want to take innovation skills to the next level by becoming a skilled Design Sprint Master/Facilitator.
In the span of 2 intense, full days of immersive training, you’ll learn how to:
- Plan a design sprint (i.e. how to get stakeholder buy-in, how to onboard and engage with the team before the sprint)
- Guide the sprint team through the 5 phases (i.e learn how to present the process to them in a way that gets the team excited about the work that’s ahead)
- Manage difficult situations and personality types (i.e. learn how to deal with those personality types who are the skeptics, debaters, time-wasters, power-driven, or rebels)
Why you should Attend?
- Gain the confidence needed to know you can successfully run a sprint
- Learn the design sprint ground rules and mindsets
- Gain the necessary skills by facilitating a design sprint phase while also observing other facilitation styles
- Manage the disruptors with prevention & intervention
- Handle conflicts as well as difficult group dynamics
- Become self-aware on your personal strengths & weaknesses
- Connect and collaborate with fellow coaches, facilitators, and team leads
- You should have experienced or facilitated at least one design sprint.
- You should have read the Sprint book would be great.
Read the Sprint book- thesprintbook.com
- Opening & icebreakers
- Planning a design sprint
- Emotional management
- Nonverbal and paraverbal communication
- Practicing facilitation
- Dealing with difficult group dynamics
- Practice & progress
- Asking the right questions
- Practice & progress
Who should Attend?
We recommend this course to the following organizational roles:
Digital: Product Owners, Product / Project Managers, Design Leads, Dev Leads, Innovation Leads, Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters
Executive: CEOs, Presidents / VPs, CIO / CTOs
Meet your Design Coach:
John Vetan – Design Sprint Strategist & Co-founder Design Sprint Academy and New Haircut
John Vetan is an entrepreneur and digital enthusiast with over 15 years of experience bringing innovation into organizations. He has chartered the evolution of New Haircut’s Design Thinking process and currently, as founder and strategist at the Design Sprint Academy, is helping organizations around the world to use and adopt Design Sprints as an effective way to innovate. Over the past 2 years, Design Sprint Academy has developed additional training programs to complement the design sprint process, particularly centered on problem framing and train the
trainer. Design Sprint Academy also runs training session together with InVision and at Google’s own Sprint Master Academy.
Trainer & Collaborator Design Sprint Academy
As a trainer and human resources consultant Codruta dedicated her career to understanding the human nature and what teams need in order to perform. Over the last 14 years, she has facilitated hundreds of workshops for numerous multinational companies on different topics like Train the Trainers, Team Effectiveness, Team Coaching, Emotional Intelligence.
Frequently asked questions:
Q1. What are the requirements for the workshop?
Ans: Laptop is desirable to have but not mandatory. There are no other requirements – software or otherwise.
Q2. What is the duration of the course?
Ans: 2 days (8 hours each day).
Q3. What will be the mode of training?
Ans: Case studies, detailed presentations in classroom, Individual and group exercises and playback, games and field research.