A 1-day, intensive workshop to give you all the necessary tools and knowledge for framing the right problem and making your Design Sprint a true success. “Fall in love with the problem, not the solution” – Uri Levine, co-founder of Waze. Identifying the right problem up-front is crucial for any Design Sprint and we have seen many ambitious Design Sprints fail when the stage isn’t set properly or there is no common understanding of the actual problem. We will help you take all the steps in the right direction and learn how to address relevant aspects of a problem, engage your team towards a common purpose and gain the confidence that you are tackling a problem worth solving in the Design Sprint
01 Why you should Attend?
- Identify and capture stakeholders’ perspective and assumptions.
- Understand the customers’ needs, perception, and expectations.
- Learn to frame problems into actionable design challenges.
- Align the team on a common goal and purpose.
- Gain the confidence needed to know you’re tackling the right problem worth solving in a design sprint.
02 Who should Attend?
This intensive workshop is best suited for individuals who will run or facilitate Design Sprints in their organization and need to set the stage for a success or need to get stakeholder buy-in to run their next Design Sprint.
- Product Managers .
- UX Designers.
- UX Leads / Researchers / Process Owners .
- Facilitators / Coaches.
- Design Sprint Masters.
- Intro & ice-breakers.
- What happens when a problem isn’t well defined?.
- Different types of problems.
- Exploring the problem space.
- Synthesize information.
- Problem Statement.
Frequently Asked Questions:
There is no eligibility criteria set for the course. But it is essential to come with an open mind and be OK with ambiguity.
Laptop is desirable to have but not mandatory. There are no other requirements – software or otherwise.
1 days (8 hours
Case studies, detailed presentations in classroom, Individual and group exercises and playback, games and field research.